Membership is open to all those who wish to support the aims of the Malta Historical Society by becoming a member, in one of the following categories:
- Regular membership, for one calendar year, renewable annually
- Student membership, to adults attending a full-time course offered by a recognized and accredited institution; membership is for one calendar year, and is renewable annually.
MHS Membership Fee
During the last General Meeting held on 29 April 2023, it was decided that subscription rates for membership of the Malta Historical Society will change from 2024.
- From 30 Euro to 35 Euro – for all MHS members resident overseas
- From 20 Euro to 25 Euro – for Regular members resident in Malta and overseas
- From 10 Euro to 15 Euro – for fulltime Student Members resident in Malta
- The Membership fee for Life Members remains nil.
The student rate is for students attending a course of studies on a fulltime basis.
Subscription for MHS members in other countries is €35 to cover the yearly postage expense of the Melita Historica journal.
Applications need to be seconded by MHS members. Applicants who do not know any member of the Society may forward a Curriculum Vitae with their application. Membership applications are subject to review and approval by the Committee.